Community Community FAQ
What types of Community Food Initiatives are there?
- Community Cafes
- Food Co-operatives
- Community Farmers Markets
- Community Food Growing Projects
- Breakfast Clubs and After School Clubs in the Community
- Healthy School Clubs and Community Centres
- Nutrition Education and Training (Cook It! Programme, Healthy Food Made Easy etc.)
What is the Added Value of Community Food Initiatives?
- Stimulate community action
- Prioritise local issues
- Address the needs of low-income households
- Increase awareness/knowledge of food issues
- Influenced by food safety and dietary guidelines
- Support local suppliers/producers
- Highlight inequalities
- Contribute to the health and well-being of people in the local area
How can I find Community Food Initiatives in my area?
Check out our Initiatives Directory to find out the different CFIs currently operating in your area.
How can I set up a Community Food Initiative?
A good start is to read our Good Practice Guide for Community Food Initiatives or you can call Georgina at +353 (0)86 152 6569 or email email@example.com for advice on setting up a CFI.
Have another question? Get in Touch